ORDER / DELIVERY
At La Jeune Mariee, our dresses are made to order from our designers, which means production does not begin until we receive all necessary signed documents and payment from all members of the bridal party. We recommend ordering at least 5 - 6 months in advance of the wedding date. Once all the orders are received, production typically takes 12 - 14 weeks. After that, please allow 5 - 7 business days for in-state shipping and 10 - 15 days for out-of-state shipping. We do not guarantee ship dates. It is the customer’s responsibility to allow enough time to receive the dresses in hand. FAILURE TO FILL ORDER FORM OUT COMPLETELY WILL RESULT IN DELAYS TO THE ORDER. PLEASE CALL US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PRIOR TO SUBMITTING.
A deposit is required to place the order. Deposit includes 50% of the total sale, applicable sales tax, shipping & handling, and rush fees if applicable. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, checks and cash. If paying by check, write bride’s name on the check in memo field, and include drivers license number and current phone number. We do not accept checks on pickup unless you intend to keep the item in our possession until the check clears. A $30 fee will be assessed for any returned checks. Ohio sales tax (7.5%, Franklin County) will be added for Ohio state residents. Shipping & handling is $18. The remaining balance due on the dress will be charged to your card upon the arrival of your dress to La Jeune Mariee, prior to shipping/pick-up. La Jeune Mariee will NOT contact you prior to charging final payment to card on file unless indicated on the form.
Several of our designers use various forms of natural silk including shantungs & dupionis. These fabrics may contain occasional slubs and gentle shading variances, which are characteristics that enhance the natural beauty of fine silk yarns, and in no way should be treated as defects. Please note that due to variations of dye-lots, fabric color may vary from the exact color you choose from the color card or swatch.
Please remember dresses are made to order, not custom made to your specific measurements; therefore, alterations are usually necessary. While La Jeune Mariee does not offer alteration services, we can happily recommend a professional tailor. We are not responsible for any alterations made after you receive the garment from us. We highly recommend that if you are in between sizes, to choose the larger of the two to allow for a custom fit at the time of alterations.
By purchasing a dress from La Jeune Mariee, you are in agreement with the following. Order form and signed Policies page required to finalize order.
- La Jeune Mariee maintains a special order status on all goods that are being ordered by color and size and not purchased off the rack. These items are FINAL SALE and cannot be returned. Please understand bridesmaid’s dresses are made to order and they are NOT returnable. Regardless of when the dresses are ordered, we will not refund any monies for the purchase of this dress or the lot/group of dresses. After the dresses are ordered with the designer, colors, sizes and style numbers cannot be changed.
- La Jeune Mariee recommends that all persons be professionally measured. La Jeune Mariee is not responsible for weight changes, pregnancy or changes in sizing during the process of ordering. If requested, sizing will be discussed with each and every customer and a size will be determined based on the measurements given to the boutique and the manufacturers or designers size charts. Ultimately, it is each customer’s decision on a size to order. HOWEVER, if measurements given are smaller than that of the size chart and the customer chooses a smaller size, La Jeune Mariee is NOT responsible for the fit of the item. If the customer decides to self-measure, pick a size not based on measurements or allow a family member, friend, partner or spouse to measure them, La Jeune Mariee is not responsible for the measurements or the fit of the item. Please understand these dresses are based on a size chart and NOT on a person’s particular body. There will always be some sort of alteration necessary for a perfect fit.
- La Jeune Mariee is not responsible for canceled events or weddings. Dresses are not returnable to LJM nor the designer or manufacturer. Dresses and accessories are made to order and therefore LJM cannot return the goods.
- La Jeune Mariee is not responsible for dye lots on fabrics. Swatches are given to us as a guideline for color however there are rare occurrences where the designer receives a different dye lot from their sourcing agent and the color could vary slightly from the swatch seen in our swatch books. It is always recommended to view a larger swatch. Some designers can provide larger swatches and others can be obtained via the designers websites for a fee. La Jeune Mariee is not responsible for the color a customer views on any designer websites. Computer monitors can skew colors greatly darker or lighter.
- La Jeune Mariee is not responsible for slubs or slight imperfections in fabrics containing raw silks and natural weaves. These fabrics include but are not limited to the following: shantungs, dupionis, and any other fabrics, silk or poly where the designer also gives this kind of warning for their materials. We recommend researching the fabric you are choosing on the designers website to learn the most about the fabric you are choosing. Any imperfections such as these are to be viewed as the natural beauty of the fabrics and occur naturally when the fabric is weaved and/or created.
- In regards to delivery, manufacturers and designers give ESTIMATED delivery dates and weeks. While many are accurate within a week or two, there are varying circumstances that can delay the delivery. These include but are not limited to: weekends, holidays, natural disasters and inclement weather, fabric availability from overseas, Chinese New Year, FedEx and UPS delivery.
- Regarding delivery to customers, La Jeune Mariee is not responsible for customers who move and do not inform us in regards to the new address. LJM uses FedEx and requires an adult signature upon delivery. If the customer chooses to waive this feature, we are not responsible for any loss or damage of the package. With an adult signature, FedEx will attempt to deliver the package 3 times. After the third attempt with no one to accept the package, it is returned to LJM. To resend, the customer will be charged another fee of $15. NO EXCEPTIONS. La Jeune Mariee does NOT ship outside of the United States.
- Please understand all sales are final on the day this form is signed, and there are no refunds or exchanges regardless of circumstances. Please understand and agree with all the terms stated in this Contract and Policy Form.